We decided to use the money raised from the cake sale on some Chicken eggs to hatch in school. Our eggs arrived along with an incubator and brooder pen and were set up in our Creative room where it is nice and quiet. We had 6 eggs and were really excited!
On day one, one chick had hatched, day two, two more chicks hatched overnight and two more were trying to get out of their eggs. Day three, five chicks had hatched and after the weekend we had a naming competition.
The students decided to call them: Hatch, Rusty, Pepe, Chirpy and Fluffy. The chicks got bigger and braver and liked to be held. We weighed them every morning and kept a record chart.
At the end of the two weeks we gave them back to the farm.