Skip to content ↓

Travel Assist

Transport is arranged by Enfield Council not Oaktree School.

A child with special educational needs (SEN) may be eligible for free Home to School transport provided by the Local Authority.

Eligibility is based on an assessment of the child's individual needs in accordance with Enfield Councils Travel Assistance Policy.  The policy sets out in detail the criteria  used when deciding if a pupil should be provided with transport.

This includes:

  • Pupils age
  • Pupils needs
  • The distance between home and school
  • The nature of the route or alternative route that could be taken

Any decisions about transport are made by the Local Authority and may be taken to a SEN panel.

If travel assist is granted, transport is not always provided in the form of a school bus, you will be visited by one of Enfield's Travel Brokers who will discuss with you other options, i.e public transport, escorted by a family member or friend, petrol allowance.

Click here for Enfield's Travel Assist Policy 

To apply for travel assistance please download the application form from the link below:

Send to:

Post: Travel Assistance Application, Special Educational Needs, Schools and Children’s Services, Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield  EN1 3XQ

If you are unhappy with the decision please click the link below which will inform you of the appeals process.

If you change your address please fill in the form below as early as possible and send to  Your child will be removed from transport whilst your change of request form is being processed and you will be responsible for making sure your child still attends school every day.

for details about other Travel and Concessions available please visit this page Travel Concessions

Transport Services

Main line and Answer phone 24/7 0208 379 1258

The School

Main line and Answer phone 24/7 020 8440 3100

If you need help filling out any of the forms please contact us on the above number.