Skip to content ↓

Travel Assistance

Travel Assistance is arranged by SEND Travel Brokers and not Oaktree School.

A child with special educational needs (SEND) may be eligible for free Home to School travel assistance .

Eligibility is based on an assessment of the child's individual needs in accordance with Enfield Councils Travel Assistance Policy.  The policy sets out in detail the criteria  used when deciding if a pupil should be provided with travel assistance.

This includes:

  • Pupils age
  • Pupils needs
  • The distance between home and school
  • The nature of the route or alternative route that could be taken

If travel assistance is granted, it is not always provided in the form of a school bus, you will be visited by one of Enfield's Travel Brokers who will discuss with you other options, i.e public transport, escorted by a family member or friend, carer/escort, petrol allowance, funding for a taxi, travel card and independent travel training, breakfast clubs and after school clubs

You can send completed forms to one of the following:


Post: Travel Assistance Application, SEND Travel Brokerage, Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield  EN1 3XY

If you change your address please fill in the form below as early as possible and send or email to the above addresses.  Your child will be removed from travel assistance whilst your change of request form is being processed and you will be responsible for making sure your child still attends school every day.

for details about other Travel and Concessions available please visit this page Travel Concessions

Transport Services

Main line and Answer phone 24/7 0208 379 1258

The School

Main line and Answer phone 24/7 020 8440 3100

If you need help filling out any of the forms please contact us on the above number.