Our school uniform, which should be worn by all pupils, is kept deliberately simple so that it is both affordable and easy to obtain. On the practical side, wearing a uniform not only makes life a lot easier when getting ready for school, it also means that pupils are more readily identified (and therefore safer) during school trips. It has the additional benefit of helping children to take pride in the school and in their appearance, and ensures they look no different from their mainstream counterparts.
The school uniform consists of:
- black or grey trousers/skirt
- white shirt/blouse or polo shirt
- black jumper or sweatshirt
- black shoes
The 6th form has a different uniform. They wear:
- own choice of suitable trousers/skirt
- green polo shirt with school logo
- green sweatshirt with school logo
- suitable footwear
Polo shirts and sweatshirts embroidered with the school motif are available from the school. These are of high quality and very reasonably priced.
Students also require a P.E. kit, which should consist of:
- Shorts and an appropriate T-shirt
- trainers or plimsolls
- black tracksuit trousers
- swimming costume/swim shorts (for pupils in groups 1-3)
A towel and shower items are also required for wet sports.